My whole family loves this guacamole – they say it’s the best they’ve ever had!
Both guacamole recipe variations are delicious and anti-inflammatory – and loaded with health benefits!
This is my favorite way to eat flaxseeds. You can’t even tell they are in it.
- Ripe avocados: as many as you need for the number of people you’re serving
- 1 T fresh ground flaxseed per avocado
- Fresh or granulated garlic – to taste (the more the better!)
- Himalayan pink salt – to taste
- Your favorite salsa – to taste & preferred consistency
- Mash avocados with a fork
- Mix all ingredients by hand
That’s it folks! The avocados, garlic, flaxseed, and even the pink salt are all anti-inflammatory and if you add onions or they are in your salsa, they are anti-inflammatory too.
Breakfast Variation: I make it the same way & omit the salsa & spread it thick on whole-grain toast or English muffins (no butter).
Just ‘Some’ of the Health Benefits:
- Avocados: anti-inflammatory, heart health, cancer prevention, diabetes prevention, cognitive health, high in protein and so many more health benefits! It’s a superfood!
- Flaxseed: anti-inflammatory omega-3 superfood, cancer prevention, digestive health and more
- Himalayan Pink Salt: anti-inflammatory, improves respiratory health (helps clear mucus even), improves sleep, balances pH levels in the body
- Salsa has the added health benefits of tomatoes and onions, including anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidants
Enjoy and follow my blog for more simple, healthy, yummy recipes ♥️
Pottery Credit: Brady Olsen
Dr Josh Axe, Dr Joseph Mercola, Harvard University