When you love hazelnut and want a healthy, hearty, simple, quick snack; this yummy, four-ingredient recipe hits the spot!
It’s packed with omega-3’s, antioxidants, fiber, protein, and potassium! And it’s non-GMO and organic and you can make it gluten-free! Yes, there’s fats and sugar and carbs, but they’re the good ones and much less sugar than the average sweet snack.
- Organic whole-wheat or gluten-free tortillas/wraps
- Nutiva Organic Hazelnut Spread with Cocoa: dark or classic (link at end)
- Organic bananas, sliced
- Organic chia seeds (link at end)
- Heat tortilla/wrap in pan over medium heat, flipping a few times until hot
- Spread with desired amount of hazelnut spread as shown in pic (nutrition info listed below based on 2 tablespoons)
- Top with sliced bananas
- Sprinkle with chia seeds
- Roll up like a burrito
Mission Brand Organic Tortilla: Calories 150, Good Fat 5g, Carbohydrates 24g, Fiber 2g, Protein 3g, Sugar 2g
Nutiva Dark Hazelnut Spread: (per 2T) Calories 190, Total Good Fats 13g (450mg omega 3), Total Carbs 18g, Fiber 4g, Protein 3g, Sugar 12g (40% less sugar than the leading non-organic brand)
1/3 Banana: Calories 37, fat 0, Carbs 9, Fiber 1g, Sugar 5g, Potassium 150mg
Nutiva Chia Seed Organic Superfood: (per 1T) Calories 60, Good Omega-3 Fat 3g, Carbs 5g, Fiber 5g, Protein 3g, Sugar 0.