Another delicious, simple, anti-inflammatory, superfoods recipe! Salmon Sandwiches!
My sons even liked these healthy salmon sandwiches when they were little!
An excerpt from Dr. Josh Axe:
“When it’s wild-caught and not farmed, salmon is one of the most nutritious foods on the planet. It’s credited with everything from extending a person’s lifespan to preventing heart attacks and cancer. Not only does salmon possess one of the highest omega-3 contents, it is also packed with tons of other vitamins and minerals as well.
Yet most salmon on the market today are farm-raised, and millions of Americans that are eating it are being contaminated with deadly toxins such as mercury. Farmed salmon is on my list of fish you should never eat. Despite the numerous health benefits of wild-caught salmon, farmed salmon is not only not as nutritious, it’s actually dangerous for your health.”
Ingredients (measurements are estimates, make according to your preference)
- Organic whole grain, sourdough, or gluten-free, dense bread of your choice
- Canned or fresh wild Alaskan salmon, about 3-4 ounces per sandwich
- Organic Mayo (made with olive oil if possible), 1t-1T per 3-4 ounces of salmon
- Organic Fresh ground flaxseed and/or organic chia seeds, 2-3t per 3-4 ounces/salmon works well (link at end)
- Organic Garlic – fresh or granulated, to taste
- Grated cheese of your preference
- Pumpkin Seeds (link at end)
- Chia Seeds (link at end)
- Tomatoes – fresh and/or sun-dried
- Green Onions
- Slice the bread
- Chop and mix the salmon, seeds, garlic, and mayo
- Top bread with salmon mixture
- Sprinkle with garlic and grated cheese – broil until golden brown and enjoy!
- After broiling, be creative – add your favorite toppers, or mix-ins! Try to choose anti-inflammatory mix-ins and toppers, such as the ones suggested.
- Top with bread or enjoy open-faced
It is also delicious on garlic rosemary bread! Hubby likes it with pepper jack cheese. My sons each have their own favorite way to top them & eat them!
Serve with fruit or salad.
- Wild Salmon: high in omega-3’s, anti-inflammatory superfood, high quality protein, whole body and brain health, long list of health benefits
- Garlic: anti-inflammatory superfood, long list of health benefits
- Seeds: omega-3, anti-inflammatory superfood, long lists of health benefits
- Avocado: omega-3, anti-inflammatory superfood, long list of health benefits
Reference: Dr. Josh Axe